CELEBRITY NEWS HQ

The Entertainment News People

Report Made To Police Following Sexual Allegations Against Noel Clarke

Following recent charges against actor Noel Clarke, police have confirmed they have obtained a third-party investigation relating to allegations of sexual misconduct by a man.

The Metropolitan Police said they received a complaint on April 21 and officers were evaluating the details, but there was no investigation at the time.

It comes after Clarke was accused of sexual assault and bullying by 20 women. He has denied any sexual assault or criminal activity “vehemently.”

“On Wednesday, April 21st, police received a third-party investigation relating to allegations of sexual offences allegedly committed by a male over a period of time,” the Met Police said in a statement.

Since a third-party report is confidential, the police are unable to investigate the complaint. It can, however, be used as intelligence to see if it matches up with other reports about the same individual.

Meanwhile, the Guardian, which first published allegations against Clarke on Thursday, reported that six more individuals, including former students at the London School of Dramatic Art, had come forwards with accusations of misconduct (LSDA).

Jake Taylor, the school’s founder and principal, said Clarke ran an “unsanctioned” practical acting workshop in which he “set up improvisation exercises in which the students were told they had to undress and get ready for bed,” according to a statement.

Clarke’s unsupervised sessions were halted “with immediate effect” as a result of the school’s response, he said.

Clarke had not been involved at LSDA since 2015, according to Mr Taylor, and their professional relationship had ended.

Mr Taylor said on Friday that the school had received more information about what happened at the workshop, as well as information about a “previously unknown to us” session.

“Had we known about this information at the time, we would have immediately terminated Noel’s professional relationship with our school,” he added.

In response to the accusations, Clarke’s lawyers denied that the LSDA ever ordered him to stop teaching his classes, claiming that the course, titled Facing Your Fears, was designed to support students with anxiety about their acting roles by “normalizing” the removal of outerwear in a safe atmosphere.

The Guardian was informed by his attorneys. Clarke categorically denied that he allowed or coerced someone to be nude as part of the workshop, which they said was open to both male and female adult students and was attended by both.

They added that Clarke made it clear that participation was not needed.

The Guardian published accusations of abuse and bullying made by women who worked with Clarke on Thursday.

Clarke said he was “deeply sorry” for some of his behavior the next day before the LSDA accusations were made public, and that he would seek professional support.

He vigorously denied any sexual assault or criminal activity, nevertheless.

“Recent reports, however, have made it clear to me that some of my decisions have had unintended and unintended consequences,” he said in a statement.

“I apologize profusely to those individuals. To educate myself and change for the better, I will seek professional assistance.”

As a result of the accusations, ITV agreed not to air the final episode of the police drama Viewpoint, in which he stars, on Friday.

Sky has also “paused” its collaboration with Clarke, which included the fourth season of the crime drama Bulletproof.

He’s also been suspended by Bafta, almost three weeks after receiving an award for his outstanding achievement from the British film and television academy.

Some also criticized Bafta for honoring Clarke on April 10th. In the 12 days between naming the actor as the award winner and the ceremony, it received news of complaints against him.

According to the Guardian, Bafta chairman Krishnendu Majumdar has heard that up to 12 women might be making allegations.

Bafta defended its response in a letter to members, saying the emails it received “were either anonymous or second or third-hand accounts through intermediaries.”

“There were never any names, times, dates, productions, or other information is given,” it said.

“The award would have been revoked immediately if the victims had gone on record as they have with the Guardian.”

Clarke, 45, is best known for his role as Mickey Smith in Doctor Who from 2005 to 2010, as well as his trilogy of films Kidulthood, Adulthood, and Brotherhood. He also works as a screenwriter, director, and producer.

Facebook Comments Box
Translate »
error: Content is protected !!