The ladies of “The Real Housewives of Orange County” appear to be litigious.
Shannon Beador is suing Facebook, claiming that third-party companies used her name and likeness to sell their diet pill brands.
The 56-year-old reality star says that at least 15 different vendors have utilised her photographs as before-and-after shots to market their wares, according to the lawsuit obtained by TMZ on Thursday.
Shannon is seeking an undisclosed sum of damages as well as a judicial order prohibiting the corporations from using her name and likeness to promote their products in the future.
Since filing for divorce from now-ex-husband David Beador in 2017, the mother of three has been extremely open about her weight challenges.
Shannon, on the other hand, proudly announced in 2019 that she had lost 40 pounds and even started a healthy food line as a result of her efforts — not diet pills.
In 2018, she told Page Six, “I’ve had an internal roller coaster of a weight issue.” “After losing a lot of weight, I’d declare, ‘OK, now I’m going to eat anything I want because I’m tired of starving myself.’ I don’t want to be deprived any longer.”
Shannon’s legal move comes only days after her co-star Heather Dubrow issued a cease-and-desist letter to Kelly Dodd, claiming Shannon’s son handed her COVID-19.
“I got this letter from an attorney for the Dubrow family reminding me I made a comment that may sound like reality, when in fact it was a joke, and for that, I am extending my sincere apology,” the former “Housewife,” 45, stated on her Instagram Story earlier this week.
Shannon and Dubrow, 52, are anticipated to return for Season 16 of “RHOC.” Dodd was sacked from the show in June, but Shannon and Dubrow, 52, are expected to return.
Shannon’s publicist declined to comment on the complaint.
A Facebook spokeswoman could not be reached for comment right away.