CELEBRITY NEWS HQ

The Entertainment News People

Victims Of Sexual Assault Stunned And Devastated By Bill Cosby’s Walk To Freedom

After Pennsylvania’s highest court overturned Bill Cosby’s conviction on Wednesday, victims claimed they were “stunned” and “devastated,” enabling him to walk free after serving two years of a three- to 10-year jail term for allegedly drugging and molesting a former basketball coach.

“Stunned. There are no words. Janice Baker-Kinney told CN News, “I’m really sick to my stomach.”

She is one of more than 60 women who have accused Cosby of groping, sexual assault, and rape in Nevada in 1982, saying that he sexually abused them.

At his 2018 trial, Baker-Kinney was one of the numerous accusers who testified. “#RAPIST #RAPIST #RAPIST,” she tweeted on Wednesday, expressing her dissatisfaction.

Following his 2018 conviction for drugging and sexually assaulting Andrea Constand, Cosby was sentenced to state prison.

Cosby raped her at his Pennsylvania home in 2004 after she sought career guidance from him, according to a former basketball coach who worked for Temple University at the time.

Cosby has denied any misconduct and said that his interaction with Constand was voluntary.

“My position and stories have never altered. I’ve always pretended to be innocent. Thank you to all of my supporters, admirers, and friends who stood with me during this difficult time. The Pennsylvania Supreme Court deserves special praise for defending the rule of law” Following his release on Wednesday, Cosby took to Twitter.

After determining that he was denied protection against self-incrimination, the Pennsylvania Supreme Court determined that a prior arrangement with a former prosecutor prohibited him from being prosecuted in the case and ordered his release.

Constand said in a joint statement with her attorneys that the decision on Bill Cosby is “not only disappointing, but also concerning,” because it “may discourage those seeking justice for sexual assault in the criminal justice system from reporting or participating in the prosecution of the assailant, or may force a victim to choose between filing a criminal or civil action.”

After learning of the court’s ruling, Eden Tirl, an actress who was hired for a part on “The Cosby Show” and accused Cosby of molesting her in 1989, said she was “totally out of breath.”

“The tight structures of the statute of limitations, from the very beginning, did not give safety or a road for justice for the women who came out against Cosby,” she said in texts to CN News.

“The antiquated laws are so plainly in place—protecting males more frequently than not in these instances. This is the tale of the #metoo movement that has to be told right now! Enough with the Cosby narrative being pushed to the side.”

Cosby was denied parole earlier this year after refusing to engage in a sex offender program in jail.

Even if it meant jeopardizing his parole eligibility, the actor was certain that he would not show any regret for his alleged conduct.

Facebook Comments Box
Translate »
error: Content is protected !!